Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hanami

Spring is here and in full bloom. This week is the prime peak season for the cherry blossoms. In Japan it is known as Hanami. Friends and families go out early in the day and reserve their spot under the cherry trees. They bring blankets, food, drink and sometimes even karaoke. I will be attending one next Saturday with the community center where I take my Japanese lessons.

Mark and I went to the Atago Shrine today to see the blossoms. There were many other people doing the same thing. I had never been to the Atago Shrine before, so I was really looking forward to it. I have heard a lot about the "stairs" at the shrine. Many people go there just for the exercise. There are so many stairs. In the future I may need to do it for the exercise. Today, however, I was not dressed for exercise.

While Mark and I were out taking pictures we found a crane nursery in the making. All of the cranes have been building nests. It was a sight to see. I will have to monitor the progress so I can see the baby birds when they hatch.

All around the area where I live their are planters and gardens full of flowers. The tulips are so brightly colored. Hopefully, Mark and I will be able to plant some flower gardens in different planters.

I also have a few signs that we saw today. The first one was for a laundry place. The laundry kitchen. I am thinking I would not want to eat laundry in the kitchen. Shortly after that sign I saw the Real Estate Produce. Hmm......that must be a new type of produce. The last sign was on a pachinko/slot machine building. No crying babies. I am thinking that there shouldn't be any babies, crying or otherwise, in the gambling places. Go figure.

Enjoy the photos.

Mindi

Cherry blossoms

Heading up to the Atago Shrine.

Horse statue with wishes.

Walkway

More blossoms

Brightly colored violets

Close up

Beautful

Crane nursery being built

Building a nest.

Tulips are my favorite flowers.

Looking down the stairs.

Very old and uneven stairs.

Looking down

Not my type of kitchen

Sooo many stairs

Maple leaves are coming out

My apartment building. 

No crying babies at the gambling place.

Zoomed in on my building from the Atago Shrine.

Old entrance area

Beautiful blossoms

more violets....Phoenix Suns colors?

I love the pink blossoms.

MMmmmmmmm...produce.

Entrance

Looking back at the stairs.

Yes, more stairs.

On duty....

Statue


Planters next to my building.

Mark is too tall to walk through.

Yellow flowered walk.

Wishes

Looking back

No comments:

Post a Comment