Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Kayak Tour

On Friday, July 13th Mark and I went to Oregon City for a kayaking tour that we bought on Groupon. The tour began at 5:00 PM. I wasn't really worried or nervous until I sat in my own kayak and they pushed me into the river. I am a very good swimmer, but I had never been in my own kayak. It felt a little wobbly. I was very uncoordinated at paddling for the majority of the tour. I managed and survived, but when the jet skis flew by or the boats went by I was not sure if I was going to make it. We went by the Willamette Falls and the locks that are right there, too. I am glad I had the opportunity to try kayaking out. I will have to see if I can do it again one day. I am thinking that I would probably love kayaking in the Carribean where the water is clear and I can see what is around me. I honestly did not love the smell of the river. Yuck! Mark said it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be and that it only smelled like river water to him. I am guessing that river water won't be my favorite place to kayak any time soon (unless it doesn't stink).


The tour was only 90 minutes and it seemed to go by very quickly.






All of our kayaks.


The Willamette Falls



This is me and Mark. He has the hat on. I kept falling behind so he stayed with me.




1 comment:

  1. I would agree with you about not liking to kayak on river water. I would prefer to sail smoothly on a lake with clear blue water that moves slowly – that would do well with my uncoordinated paddling skills. Try it while you can't kayak on the Caribbean yet. =) Xavier@FawnHarbor.com

    ReplyDelete