Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mark went kayaking in the river.

Well, this day was a long time coming. Mark has been trying to find a way to get into the Willamette River that flows past our apartment. He has been taking his bike out and investigating trails that have water access for weeks. Today I took him to a boat launch down river. He is able to get in the water there easily. Once I drop him off he can kayak for a couple of hours. He even goes right by our apartment. Today I was watching for him so I could get some photos. Mark kayaked from the boat launch and ended up a couple of miles down river from our place. He called when he was ready and I drove over to pick him up. Now that we have this down he will be able to go more often. He needs to take advantage of it because once I leave for Japan he will have to find a different body of water to kayak.


We are looking into taking a kayak tour that is being offered on Groupon. I am hoping that we do it since I have never really gone kayaking in my own kayak. Mark's is a one person kayak so I can't go with him. Hmmm....isn't that convenient  how that worked out?


More to come tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment