Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sports Day


Sports Day
September 22, 2012

Last Saturday was our school's sports day. Sports Day was on a Saturday, but it was a “regular” school day. All students and staff were expected to be there and any students who were not there were marked absent. This was my first experience with Sports Day and I have to say it was a very nice day.

Luckily for us the weather was very nice. The high was supposed to have been 81 degrees, but I do not think it even got that warm. We also had an overcast sky which helped it to feel cooler. I can't even imagine how toasty it would have been without the cloud cover.

For our sports day the students are divided up into four groups. We had the blue, yellow, red and green groups. The students compete as a whole school for the first half and then divide up into elementary and secondary. The events were very fun to watch. Our PE teachers, Paul and Raffy, did such a great job getting everything organized and planned. It seemed like everything went well.

I have enclosed some photos from the activities. In the end it was the yellow team who won first place. It is a competition, but overall a friendly competition.

After everything was cleaned up the staff headed back to school for a pizza party on the school's rooftop area. The view was gorgeous. That was our first experience of our rooftop fun. There will be other events there for sure.

I have attached some photos from the sports day, riding along the river, from the rooftop and many of miscellaneous sunsets from my apartment. I just can't get over how beautiful the sunsets are from my apartment.

Sorry this was late....I can't let my blog get too far behind because it is very hard to write about it when a week has passed. So, this wasn't my long, chatty blog. It is short and to the point. Good thing usually keep up with it.

Enjoy.....

Momochi beach area

Nice area on the beach for shopping and dining.

Paul and Santi getting things going.

Yellow team

Competition

tug-of-war

tug-of-war

View from classroom window.

View from rooftop on the 4th floor of the school.

The marina area

Another gorgeous sunset.

Look at the colors.

Baloo chilling in his sleepy bed.

Rooftop party...I had to take the shot. No, it is not my drink. I do not even like the smell of beer.

Chicas chatting

Fishing with grandpa.

Hanging out fishing.

Outside of my classroom window.

Look at all of the sailboats.

Mark reflecting on Sports Day.


the ferry

No comments:

Post a Comment