Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Nanzoin Temple

Mark and I went to the Nanzoin Temple today to see the largest bronze statue in the world. What made it even better is that it was of Buddha. For my friends and family you should all know how much I like having Buddha around me. This was a special treat.

We found the train connection in Hakata pretty easily. The train ride was nice and not too crowded. We were lucky that we were able to sit down. The train got a little busier as we continued on the journey.

The Nanzoin Temple is located on the side of a mountain and there is an old bamboo forest around the temple area. We could see Buddha's head from the parking lot by the train station.

We headed up and when we reached the temple we could see how peaceful the area was. The reclining Buddha is in one area and then there are other paths that lead up and over the hills. It was just beautiful. I am sure that many of you will think I took way too many photos, but you are only seeing a few. I took over 220. I do love a great photo though. I had to capture all of the memories from today.

I had already written my blog and was uploading the photos when I lost everything. If you are like me, you would be in no mood to type it all again. That is how I feel even though I want to share my experiences from today.

My first sight of Buddha is when I walked up the stairway and looked through the entry way. Wow! My breath was taken away. Buddha was absolutely beautiful. What a statue. It is so long and I felt dwarfed and humbled being in the presence of Buddha. I do not know how many of you would feel the same way, but I do know some of you who would.

Mark and I walked around the entire temple area. There are paths that lead all over the side of the mountain. The paths themselves were beautiful!



































































Enjoy the photos. I may type more tomorrow about my day. I am just tired at the moment and want to go and relax. I had some other good experience today at the Hakata Station shopping mall. I will add more about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment