Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday Market

This morning Mark and I went to our first Salem Saturday Market. We were able to buy fruits and veggies that are grown in the area. I also bought a huge bouquet of flowers that was made at the market. All of the flowers are from the area. The flowers were only $10. I couldn't believe what a great price that was. Each week there is a Wednesday and Saturday market. The Wednesday market it much smaller than the Saturday market. I have a feeling as the summer goes on they will both increase in size and in what they have to sell. Right now there are a lot of fresh greens, sugar peas, zucchini and berries. I am looking forward to when we can get the majority of our produce at the markets. I bought fresh strawberry jam. I am looking forward to having that in the morning.

This morning while Mark was watching the river he saw a family or two of geese. The river is so wide that it often looks like there are tons of insects flying over it. The insects are birds. It just makes the birds look so small.

Next week Mark will get his kayak. We went to REI yesterday and he is pretty sure he knows which one he is going to purchase. I haven't started my daily walking yet, but it is in my near future. The rain clouds and cool weather make me feel sleepy. This could also be from finally feeling like I can relax after our busy move.



More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment