Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First full day....

I can't tell you how nice it was to actually wake up in my apartment. Unfortunately, I woke up way too early. I have not purchased curtains yet. It stays light in the bedroom since there are buildings all around. I will be getting some curtains very soon. 

My day has been pretty nice since I did not have to ride my bike or walk for miles like yesterday. Once I woke up I Skyped with Mark, my mom and grandma. It is my routine to chat with them in the morning. I actually talk to them all much more with Skype than I did by phone living in Colorado. See, living far away can actually bring people closer.

I had a delivery from Best Denki scheduled between 9:00-noon. They arrived about 10:00 which gave me some time to put things away. Now I have a refrigerator, a washer/dryer unit, a TV, a vacuum, a convection/microwave oven and a fan. I have to admit I am so happy to have a refrigerator. Now I can keep fruit and salad stuff handy.

I had to hang around the apartment because the cable guy was going to come and hook up my TV and help me connect to wireless. I sat around for a couple of hours, but then I thought  it could literally take all day. So I walked to the grocery store that is about 5-10 minutes away. At least I will have some fruit, cereal and some cold drinks to have at home. I will have to go tomorrow and Thursday too. It is hard to get too much at once since I have to carry whatever I purchase. I may need to take a taxi to help me get the kitty litter and food home. That might be too heavy to carry in a bag. I will see though.
The cable guy still has not shown up.

As I was letting myself into my building the internet lady called to walk me through the steps to connect to wireless. It took a good 30 minutes to do this. You have to connect each unit independently and the company has to take the computer info before you can access the service. I have wireless on my Kindle Fire and my MacBook Pro. I feel so free now that I can use the computer in the bedroom. Otherwise I have no other furniture to sit on and the hard floor gets very uncomfortable quickly.

I have been waiting for my last delivery of the day from Nitori. They said they would be here between 6:00-9:00 PM. They better show up because I am waiting to put my TV unit together as well as the shelves that are going to hold the microwave. I also have the step ladder coming with that order among many other things. The sooner it gets here the sooner I can get stuff done.

Tomorrow Robyn and I are going to take a bus out to Ikea to get some things we both need. I will see how far my money gets me on this trip. I can always go back after payday to get the other things I will need.

My sofa is being delivered on Thursday afternoon. I am looking forward to having something to sit on while I am in the main living space where the air conditioner is located.

As I am typing this I am looking out at the sun setting on the water. It is something I will never get tired of watching. It is simply beautiful. Hopefully many of you will take the opportunity to come to Japan since you will always have a place to stay. I mean that seriously! 

I am signing off for now. Tomorrow once I have more in the apartment and set up I will take some photos. I still have a lot to do to make it look like a home, but it is getting there.


No comments:

Post a Comment