Monday, August 13, 2012

Moving day!


Moving day! Well, I can't even tell you how exciting it was to move into my new apartment this morning. I guess I must have been in a hurry because I forgot a load of laundry in the dryer and my mouse and mouse pad on the desk. Luckily for me Gandhali was still at the hotel. I called her and she got my clothes. At this time I didn't know I had forgotten my mouse. I found out that later when my internet was being hooked up. Crazy...

I got to the apartment by 8:45 this morning. I had taken a taxi from the hotel because I had my computer and the rest of the clothes (that I did remember to take). Once I got here I began to unpack my suitcases and bags. My first delivery was scheduled between 9:00-12:00. This delivery was from Ikea. They arrived about 11:00 or so. Ikea was delivering the queen bed from and mattress, some dishes, mixing bowls, towels, pillows, and a few more little things. My first task was to assemble the bed. It wasn't hard to do, but it was very time consuming and hot. The main bedroom does not have air and my fans were not delivered today. The bed is pretty big in the room. Honestly I think there is only about 3” to 4” to walk past the foot of the bed. Since we won't really have people walking through that room I don't mind. I will just climb over the top of the bed when I need to get to the other side. I have thought about turning the bed at an angle. I may wait for Mark to get here to see what he thinks.

Once the bed was finished I was just puttering around until the internet people came. He was asking where my TV was, but I had to tell him that it was not being delivered until tomorrow. He said that he would come back then. I told him I had to have internet today. He kept saying tomorrow. I think he saw how disappointed I was. I called Kurt from school so he could talk to the man in Japanese. In the end the man installed my internet and tomorrow he will hook up the TV.

I was still waiting on a delivery from Nitori. I bought a bunch of things yesterday. I kept waiting until about 4:30 and figured something must off otherwise they would have been to my apartment. I decided to walk to the hotel to pick up my bike, my clothes and have them check for my mouse and mouse pad. It took me about 25-30 minutes to walk to the hotel from my place. Not too bad considering it is across the river. Now it would have been better if I did not have a HUGE blister on my foot from all the walking I did yesterday. When I entered the hotel I asked them if a mouse and mouse pad had been turned in. It took them forever to look for it, but good news---they found it. I then went to Gandhali's room to get all my clothes. She was Skyping with her fiancee so I was able to chat with him for a couple of minutes.

After gathering all of my things I headed out on my bike. Can I just saw how happy I was that I thought ahead and put all of my things in a big Ziplock bag. While I was riding back to my area it began to pour. I made it to the cell phone place and went in to reload the phone the school gave me to use until I am able to purchase my own. I have to wait until my alien registration card arrives. After leaving Softbank I headed to Nitori to see what happened with my delivery. Of course when I got to Nitori I was soaking wet...I mean REALLY soaking wet. I am sure people were looking at me like I was crazy to be in the rain. I did go in and talked to someone who knew a little English. He told me it would be delivered tomorrow between 17:00 and 21:00. At least I now know. Hopefully my morning deliveries will come early. Robyn and I are trying to get back to Ikea for a few things. Before I left the shopping area I found the Starbucks and bought a frapp. Yum! That was my lunch and dinner.

Tomorrow I will have a refrigerator so I can actually buy food to keep in the apartment. I will be so happy to have food I can cook and eat. Maybe I will be more on track with my meals.

When I got back to the apartment I took some photos of the view. It is so pretty.







More to come tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. From the little bit I can see, your apartment looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete