Friday, August 17, 2012

My family is all here


   I am a couple of days behind on my blog, but I am going to get you all up to date. First, the most important news....my cats, Mark and Mel have arrived in Japan! It was so good to see everyone at the airport last night. The cats made it safe and sound, but Mark's luggage was not there. As we speak, the luggage is being delivered to us. I guess the flight from Seattle to Seoul left late. When they arrived in Seoul they were rushed through so they would not miss their flight to Fukuoka. I am glad they all made it though. Mark will get his clothes which will make him happy. Right now he is wearing a pair of my gym shorts and one of Mel's shirts. It is a sight to see. :-)

Thursday was the first day of new teacher orientation at school. I was very excited to learn about the school. The day went very quickly. We had an overview of the school mission, goals and where the school would like to be in the future. I have to say that we have a great group of teachers in this group. I am not saying this because I am in the group (that is a given, hahaha) but we have such a diverse international group. I feel this will be a great place to live and work. I am looking forward to meeting my students on Thursday. Monday Mark and I both got to work for the first time with all of the faculty and staff. It will be nice to meet the other teachers.

Thursday after work I rushed home because I was having a delivery from Nitori. I found out what the hold up was on my original delivery date. They had the wrong apartment number. They had apartment 605 and I live in 1605. I was so happy that everything was delivered. I had a busy and late night getting everything together. The TV console was very time consuming since it had so many little pieces. I also put the convection/microwave stand together. I cleaned up, washed the sheets for Mel's futon and finally went to bed. I woke up about 1:30 AM to a very intense thunderstorm. The flash of the lightening woke me up. After that it was hard to fall back asleep. I had so many things going through my head.

On Friday I got up early to do the last things before Mark and Mel arrived. I wanted to get to school in plenty of time to cool off before the meetings began. We had a couple of more meetings for the new teachers. After 1:15 we were free to work in our rooms. I did not work in my room since Graham and I want to wait to see how Corina envisions the room working. She will be there on Monday and I know we will have plenty of time to get things in order. I helped Robyn in her room. We were rearranging the furniture and putting a beautiful purple paper I the cubbies. Today was the day when the sofa was being delivered. I got a call at work that the people were at my place. I panicked because they said they could not wait more than 15 minutes for me to get home. I was running out of school to grab my bike because I knew I had a 20 minutes to get home. As I was rushing out Chris came to help. He was thinking ahead of me. I never thought of a taxi. How silly of me not to have thought about taking a taxi home. He helped me flag one down and told me to relax, everything would work out. He was right. The taxi got there in the nick of time. The sofa was delivered and I was so happy to have something to sit on!

I walked to the the store to get some food and beverages along with another fan before everyone arrived. It is so hot and humid when I am out. I always feel like I am melting. Only about a month more of this weather and then I am home free. I got home from the store and had a few minutes to freshen up. I was meeting Kurt at school. He had graciously said he would drive me to the airport. We arrived at the airport and waited for the boys and the kitties. The boys looked a little hot and exhausted...a little melted, but it was so good to see them all.

When got home and released the cats. They were very apprehensive about the place. They have moved a lot this summer. I was just so relieved that the cats were here safely. Thank goodness!!
Poor Mel had to sleep on the futon we bought. It is a better quality of futon, but that doesn't make it any easier to get so low to the ground. We made Mel promise that if he was the least bit uncomfortable he had to tell us so Mark and I could sleep on it. The only downside for Mel would be is that our bedroom is the HOTTEST room in the house. Yes, hot as in temperature....

We were all off to bed. Tomorrow (now today) was going to be busy.

Ikea came and delivered the chair and other things that I purchased. It is really starting to look like a home. I just need to get another air conditioning unit. I will do that hopefully on Monday or Tuesday.

I am signing off for now. I may add more later today. I have a photo of Mark and Mel when we got to the apartment last night. I also have a sunset photo and a photo of Mark taking a photo of Mel taking a photo of the view.

I am so glad that things are falling into place for us in Japan. It is a beautiful place.




No comments:

Post a Comment