Tuesday, August 7, 2012

We got the apartment!!!!!!!

Great news....I learned this morning that Mark and I officially got the apartment. I had to go and get the money in order so that everything was a done deal. I am SO excited!! OK, now with that out of the way I will recap the day.

As you know, I was melting yesterday. I am just giving into the weather. I did dry my hair straight today and by the time I got home it was crazy curly and frizzy. So, I think I may be done fighting the humidity. I do not love it crazy big, but it may have to be for a short time, or I will need to start clipping it up. It looked really crazy when I was Skyping with my sister today 4:00 PM my time midnight her time). I am lucky that she stays up so late. I get to Skype with her when I get home from the day.

I went into school this morning to see what was happening with the apartment. It turned out that the owners accepted my offer. As soon as we knew I had to get all of the money together to pay to be able to get a key. I am going to get the key either later tonight or tomorrow morning. Once I have the key I will be able to go into the apartment and take photos of it and measure the areas that I need to have furniture. I am very excited about this. It will be a joy to come home everyday to that view. Wait until you see it. You will all be saving your pennies to come and visit.

I hung around the school while waiting for things to happen. It is hard to do that since I do not have any control when things will be done. Luckily, I had the IKEA catalog to look at to pass the time. I was finally taken to the bank to make the payment. I went with Kumi (who is a wonderful lady at my school) to the bank and then the realtor's office. While we were out it started to rain and then pour. It was short lived so we didn't get too wet. It did help to cool me off though. We then headed back to school so I could sign some papers for things to come tomorrow. I then rode my bike to the Bon Repas store to purchase some food. I had fruit and a little peanut butter for breakfast, but no lunch. I got some food and headed to my home away from home- my hotel room. 

Once in my room I chatted with my sister. It looks like it will be a quiet evening. I will have more to share and report tomorrow. I have posted a couple photos of my bike. Yes, it is so "Mindi-ish".

Until tomorrow.....


One of the cute hearts on my bike.

Another heart on the bike.

Home away from home.

Another view of the hotel.

Japanese Yen. 

Who has the prettiest bike in the group? I do!

Pretty in pink.


1 comment:

  1. I love your pink bike! I am so glad you are enjoying your time back overseas and especially excited you are sharing it with us! If we were to go back overseas Japan would be one of the countries we would go to as well.

    Best of luck and it sounds like all is going well. Years ago your school interviewed us!

    ReplyDelete